LADIES PHILOPTOCHOS SOCIETY
Friends of the Poor
The Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society is the international women’s philanthropic organization of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and has been in existence since 1931. The word “philoptochos” in Greek means “friend of the poor”.
It is made up of Orthodox Christian women who join together to serve God and His Church by giving aid to individuals, charities and their own parish church. In doing so, we find that in addition to the joy of giving and helping, a spirit of fellowship is created, and treasured friendships are formed.
The Philoptochos chapter at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in St. Augustine is named for the Dormition of the Virgin Mary (“Kimisis Tis Theotokou”) and celebrates its feast day on August 15 with a “panagyri” (celebration) at our church.
Our Philoptochos works with parish outreach programs, as well as supporting St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine in St. Augustine. It organizes a variety of fundraising activities
throughout the year to support its philanthropic and outreach programs.
If you are an Orthodox Christian and wish to become a member of our parish and our local Philoptochos chapter, please contact the church office for additional information by calling (904) 829-0504 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
President - Paula Marchman-lekas
Vice President - Martha Tzemopoulos
Treasurer - Toula Zotos
Recording Secretary - Connie Espinosa
Corresponding Secretary - Gigi Ray
Immediate Past President - Irene Pergeorellis
Social Services - Faye Peterson